Your posture can be entirely recalibrated… in 1 hour ! Whether you are suffering from back, neck, shoulder or knee pain, chances are you have a postural imbalance. This is why it will be important to identify your postural adaptations in order to decrease your pain symptoms. Our assessment process is two-fold:
Step #1: The Postural Assessment: The purpose of postural assessment is to determine your postural strategies, as well as your overall proprioception, with respect to fighting gravity. The postural assessment includes a 3D assessment, proprioception testing and instability and neurological testing. In this testing, the functioning of the feet and of the eyes will be evaluated. If further testing is needed, we may conduct a foot printout on a podoscope or use our force plate technology. These tests will allow us to measure postural oscillations up to the square millimetre, as well as measure energy expenditure and weight distribution.
Step #2: Postural Recalibration The postural recalibration is accomplished by stimulating two to three areas of the body that allow the brain to make the connection with the muscles of the body symmetrically. This creates a well-aligned posture which allows each joint of the body to function optimally. When joints move well, there is no muscle tension and pain is greatly reduced. Postural recalibration occurs in three steps: 1.We analyze the imbalances (postural adaptations) in all 3 planes of space relative to your symptoms. 2.We evaluate the sensory entries that aren’t working optimally (foot, eye, jaw, scars). 3.We act on these sensory entries to create symmetry in order to get rid of the imbalances and/or instability that are causing pain.
During your first visit, you will learn:
- Which of your eyes is dominant.
- Why you have reached a plateau in your training.
- Why you may be suffering from recurring headaches.
- Why you’re tired all the time.
- Why you wake up in pain.
What you will leave with:
- Answers to your questions regarding your symptoms.
- A treatment protocol which includes a regimen uniquely designed to correct your imbalances, improve the functioning of your sensory receptors and improve your overall performance and quality of life.
- An understanding of how your body works as a whole.
- The results from our forceplate testing which provide neurological information regarding the messages your brain receives from your body regarding all movement (extra cost may incur).
- If necessary, referrals to specialists we collaborate with.
- At the end of the postural assessment, you will have a global understanding of how your body and brain function and of the different components causing postural instability and chronic pain.
We invite you to call our offices at 514-315-8489 to book an appointment today or to ask questions. If you have private insurance, you may be eligible for some compensation.