While the majority of classic therapy modalities concentrate on the musculo-skeletal system, Posturology focuses on the way the brain communicates with the body. In doing so, Posturology allows the practitioner to treat the body as a whole, in order to change faulty motor patterns and provide immediate results with chronic pain.
Posturology is for those interested in maximizing the true potential of their entire body. It is a 10-12 month process where the client needs to be reevaluated and treated every 6 to 8 weeks. Posturology treats the cause of the pain rather than managing symptoms, and this is why it is often successful when more traditional techniques are not.
Here are some advantages to getting your posture recalibrated:
- Results are measurable.
- Published and empirical studies demonstrating the benefits of an aligned posture exist. Posturepro uses a force plate to record all meaningful variables.
- Posturology allows the clinician to make sense of the clinical findings.
- It addresses the root cause of the pain.
- This approach establishes correlations between the disequilibrium, the symptoms and the cause of the pain.
- Posturology makes it possible to recalibrate an individuals posture over a 12 month period – results are then permanent!